Technological advancement has led to the evolution of home appliances, such as the EcoSmart Eco 27 electric tankless water heater, required to heat water. The EcoSmart Eco 27 electric tankless water heater is suitable for use in regions with relatively cooler climates. It is used to heat water for handwashing, bathroom as well as in the kitchen. In this post, you will get the detailed Ecosmart Eco 27 tankless water heater reviews.
Which Are Features of the Ecosmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater?
The EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater has an energy efficiency of 99.8% and weighs around 11 lbs. It is certified by both UL and CSA. Additionally, it has a lifetime.
The heater is ideal for use in cold climates, where the temperature of the incoming water may drop below 45F. It is also suitable for use with a high flow rate of water, whereby there is a high demand for hot water, for instance in the United States and Canada. In such countries, it is used mainly in hot-bath jacuzzis.
The model is fitted with a flow sensor, which regulates the amount of electric energy needed to heat the required water as well as a patented automatic modulating system. It has a digital display of the temperature of the water flowing via the outlet piping. The model also makes use of the 9KW standard heating rods, which are coated with brass to prevent electrolysis.
Other parts of the model include:
- A heat exchanger made of copper
- A thermostat which resets automatically
- 40 DP circuit breakers
- A draw of 112A
- 3 sets of 8 AWG wires
- ¾ NPT pipes
- 200 Amp electric panel
How Is the Performance of Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater?
The EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater has the potential of heating up to 6 gallons of water in one minute, raising its temperature to the desired level. Notably, it is the largest known electric tankless water heater with an automatic self-modulating system. The digital regulators of the temperature allow one to regulate in increments of only one degree Celsius.
How Do I Install The EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater?
Coldwater flows into the heating unit via an inlet, gets heated and flows through an outlet, which is directed to the various points of use for the hot water.
What Are the Advantages of The EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater?
To appreciate how the heater can help you, let’s go over some of the benefits:
- The model reduces the cost of heating water by a half
- The digital temperature regulator allows the user to adjust to the desired heating temperature
- The model is efficient in heating as well as in the durability of its components. Additionally, these components such as copper as well as stainless materials are easily replaceable.
- It saves on space as it is compact. The saved space can be used to place a closet. The design of the model is attractive to the eye as well
- The heater never runs out of water. It is reliable to get hot water at all times
- The system can supply hot water to up to 4 showers and a sink all running concurrently without a shortage of hot water
- The model is the only one that has a lifetime warranty in the market
- It heats water as it passes through hence satisfies all the demands for hot water in the household.
- Conventional heaters have storage tanks hence all the water stored can be drained completely.
- The heaters only turn on when hot water is in demand, thus the cost of heating is greatly reduced up to 50%. This feature also serves to cut down energy consumption which can be directed to other uses such as lighting.
- The heater is easy to assemble and install in the desired space.
What Are the Disadvantages of the EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater?
- The heater is dependent on the availability of electricity without which it is of no use.
- Some users may find the cost of installing the electric tankless water heater to be beyond their reach. Hence, they opt to go for the conventional electric heaters that use storage tanks.
What Are Precautions I Should Take When Installing an EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater?
Only a professional is allowed to replace worn out parts of the heater to avoid accidents. In case you notice any defects, contact an expert immediately.
Wrapping It Up!
Due to the increased demand for hot water, especially in cold climates, the need to install the EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater is apparent based on its efficiency in heating water and the advantages it has over conventional water heating systems. But before purchasing one, make sure that the model is the most suitable for your hot water requirements. Take your time and choose the best one.