Tankless water heaters are becoming popular. This water heater does not have a storage tank and will heat up the water on demand. The tankless water heater will reduce the waste of energy and will help a person save money on their utility bills. A tankless water heater can be used to heat up a specific area of the home or the entire home. Many people wonder how much does a whole house tankless water heater cost and if they can afford it. The water heater is going to have a higher upfront cost but can help a person save money in the long run.
How Much Does a Whole House Tankless Water Heater Costs?
There are some averages that a person can use to help them determine the cost of the whole house tankless water heater. A tankless water heater that is large enough to provide hot water to the entire home ranges between $1,470 and $2,510. The size of the water heater needed will depend on the size of the home and how many people are in the home to use the hot water. The whole house tankless hot water heater will be around $1,000. Most of these heaters are gas-powered. There are some electric models but for this size, they may be a little harder to find. The hot water heater will have a pilot light and when the system is on it can provide hot water almost instantly.
If a person is looking for a tankless hot water heater they can save some money if they can get an electric one. This model will cost between $800 and $1,600 for installation. There is no need to have vents and they are more energy-efficient. This tankless hot water heater can provide hot water to the entire home.
The tankless hot water heater is going to vary by the brand that a person chooses to purchase. While the average cost is still around $1,000 some brands will not charge as much money. A person should research the brand before making a purchase. They need to make sure that the hot water heater will provide enough water for their home and they are getting a quality product. They should also look and see if the manufacturer is going to offer a warranty on the hot water heater and the duration of this warranty.
Whole House Tankless Gas Water Heater Around $500
- Savings of up to 50% on water heating costs. Dimensions :17H x 17W x 3.625D inches ;Pipes fittings :3/4 inch NPT
- Digital temperature control in 1-degree increments allows control of hot water; Activation Flow: 0.3 GPM
- Copper and stainless components designed for efficiency, durability and easy replacement.
- Compact size saves valuable storage space, while the stylish and advanced design is pleasing to the eye and Copper and stainless components designed for efficiency, durability and easy replacement.
- Prior to purchase & installation, please verify that this model is the right size for your hot water needs and electrical requirements. Electrical requirements: 27 kW, 240 volts, (3) 40 required breakers, 112.5 maximum power (AMP), (3) 8 required wire.Amperage Draw:113 A
- Required Breaker Quantity: Three 40 Amp Double Pole
- Recommended Electrical Panel: 200 Amps
- NEVER run out of hot water with an ECOSMART tankless water heater.
- Save up to 12 cubic feet of storage space.
- Digital temperature control in 1-degree increments gives users complete control of hot water
Whole House Tankless Electric Water Heater
- RU199iN Sensei SE+ Super High Efficiency Tankless Hot Water Heater - Natural Gas: Indoor Installation Only
- Up to 11 GPM hot water flow rate (varies by groundwater temp)
- 15,000 BTU (Minimum) / 199,000 BTU (Maximum)
- Circ-Logic technology allows you to set recirculation patterns that coincide with your typical habits. Hot water is available when you need it!
- Endless hot water for your entire home
- Residential Factory Warranty - 120 months (heat exchanger), 12 months (labor), 60 months (parts)
Small Whole House Tankless Water Heater
How Much Does Installation Cost for the Whole House Tankless Hot Water Heater?
In addition to purchasing the whole house tankless hot water heater, a person will need to pay to have it installed. The average installation cost is around $2,000. Some things are going to have an impact on the cost of the installation. This will include the fee for labor from the plumber and the heating equipment that is in the home. Materials and parts needed can add to the cost. A person will also need to purchase a vent kit which is around $100 and there is the piping that is needed that is going to cost around $10 per square foot.
A plumber can charge between $50 and $120 an hour to install a tankless hot water heater. This is for the basic installation. The installation of the tankless hot water heater can take around 3 or 4 hours. The plumber’s fee alone will cost between $150 and $600. Some plumber may also charge an additional estimate fee before they do any work. If they need to remove a hot water heater that is already in the home this will cost around $500.
To make sure that the tankless hot water heater is large enough to handle the demands of the home a person needs to calculate the demand the household has for hot water. They need to look at the BTUs and make sure that the hot water heater can keep up with this. If a person does not understand this they may need the assistance of a plumber but that is going to cost more money.
A tankless water heater for the home is going to have a higher upfront cost. Over time a person can see some savings. They will use less water and less electricity. For most people, this outweighs the upfront cost of having a tankless water heater installed to provide hot water to the entire home.