The best 8 GPM electric tankless water heater can be hard to find on the market because only gas or propane water heater is capable enough for providing such high power. However, there is some relatively high power electric tankless water heater for shower use for your needs.
What Is the Best 8 GPM Electric Tankless Water Heater?
Comparing the Best 8 GPM Electric and Gas Tankless Water Heater
How to Pick the Best 8 GPM Electric Tankless Water Heater?
Consider these factors in your search for the best 8 GPM electric tankless water heater:
This refers to the highest temperature that the heater may attain. A good heater on the basis of this consideration ought to be able to hit the energy levels desirable for you. To be able to ensure this, you have to check out the ratings that are contained on the packaging.
To be able to operate, these gadgets rely on and draw their power from various sources. Solar energy, mains electricity, gas, and batteries are top examples of these sources of power. Needless to say, the ideal water heater has to draw its power from a source that is convenient and affordable.
- The 6 Electric Tankless Water Heaters Reviews & Guidance
- 5 Best Tankless Gas Water Heater Reviews And Comparison Chart
- Best Propane Tankless Water Heater
Controls vs. Technical Expertise
These haters are packed with loads of control features. It is these controls that you use to regulate and engage the various aspects of the heaters. As you look for the most suitable heater, be sure to find that one whose controls are easily comprehensible by you.
Water Heating Capacity
By water heating capacity, we mean the amount of water that the apparatus may handle per unit time. This metric is often designated by the gallons-per-minute (GPM). A good heater has to be able to handle the capacity that is desirable for you. The rating increases with the water needs of your home.
- Best 6 GPM Tankless Water Heater & Electric and Natural Gas Compare
- 6 Best 5 GPM Tankless Water Heater Reviews For Small & Large Home Shower Use in 2020
- Top 5 Best 4 GPM Tankless Water Heater Reviews & Buying Guides for Your Money
Intended Frequency of Use
How often overall do you plan to make use of the water heaters? If it is for occasional or one time use, you need not find a durable one. Any can easily do. On the flip side, you have to insist on a durable one for those applications that are frequent and regular.
Closely related to the above point is the issue of the structural makeup of the water heaters. Regardless of how often you desire to use the appliance, it has to be strong and tough enough for your everyday use. This can only happen if the strongest and toughest materials are used to make it up.
Lastly, you also have to figure out the cost implications. Asked differently: how much money does the unit cost to and how much more is needed to operationalize it? You definitely want to make every effort not to disparage yourself at all in the course of utilizing these appliances.
2020’s Review of Best 8 GPM Tankless Water Heaters
#1. Ecosmart ECO 36 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Sleek and compact shape
- Digital temperature display
- 99.8% energy efficient
- Manufactured in the USA
- Self-modulating technology to auto-adjust water pressure
- Perfect for large family use
#2. Bosch Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Constant hot water for shower and point of use
- Can be installed on the wall or under the shelf
- Perfect for commercial as well as residential use
- Stable and easy to control
- 97% high energy efficient
- Minimal standby loss
#3. Rinnai RU80EN Outdoor NOx Condensing Tankless Water Heater
- Condensing technology to achieve high energy efficiency
- Pre-set at 120 degrees F
- Natural gas and propane models available
- 8.0 GPM for large whole house use
- Meets California and Texas NOx Emission Standards
- Easy to install
#4. Takagi T-H3S-DV-N Condensing High-Efficiency Indoor Tankless Water Heater
- Endless hot water supply
- Compact shape to save large space
- Computerized safety features with no pilot light
- Ultra-low NOx emissions
- Constant hot water supply
- Can be used for commercial and residential
#5. Takagi T-K4-OS-NG Outdoor Tankless Water Heater
- 8.0 GPM maximum flow rate
- No venting required
- Super easy to install and use
- Built-in freeze protection for safety issues
- Outdoor installation to save indoor space
- Constant temperature monitoring
#6. AO Smith Residential Commercial Natural Gas Indoor Water Heater
- Low profile installation
- Built-in safety features
- 15-year limited warranty on the heat exchanger
- 0.95 high energy efficiency to achieve the minimum standby loss
- Meets the demands of 4-6 family use
Do 8 GPM Electric Tankless Water Heater Work in a Cold Climate?
In a nutshell, YES! These water heaters have the ability to work well in cold climates. There are several issues that have to be made right though, before the same benefits may be realized though. We will explain them here below:
You have to size the unit accordingly to mirror the hot water requirements of your own home. Any mismatch in these two vital parameters may cause a malfunction and inconsistency in the operations of the heaters. It may also overwhelm the entire system in such a way as to pose some damages.
The last you may want to happen in cold weather is for the system to lose heat energy a bit too soon. To prevent this from happening, you should insulate the system thoroughly. Use all the tools that are available at your disposal to achieve this end.
Installation of a Recirculation System
A recirculation system heats your water and maintains the same at a hot level all the time. This is a system you have to invest in. It prevents the water in the pipes from freezing and possibly clogging the plumbing mechanisms. Also, it sees to it that you receive the hot water on-demand.
Water does have a tendency to freeze and harden. If and when this happens in your systems, it may clog it and render the same of no effect. The only way to prevent this from happening is to drain out all the water completely from the system.
Installations in Warmer Locations
Also worth considering is to install the heater in locations that are warmer. These could be places that are far away from the vents and windows as they do experience a heavy inflow of air. By taking these appliances far removed from the wind sources, you get to retain higher levels of heat.
Maintenance of a Reliable Power Source
Throughout your use of these gadgets, you should maintain a reliable source of power. A dip in the supply of power will definitely impact the temperature of the water and cause the same to freeze. If you reside in an area that experiences frequent power outages, you are advised to install a backup.
Final Pick: Top Pick Best 8 GPM Electric Tankless Water Heater