Imagine how devastating it would be to live in a house that has no shower. From being uncomfortable to enjoying no convenience, it is an aspect you will hardly want. Electric water heaters have proven to be a necessity among many households, and yours is no exception.
How about when you want to use the shower and need this electric water heater?
Will it work?
Let’s get a few insights into this.
Using electric water heaters for the shower is a possibility we can never deny. However, the difference lies in which device you choose. Unless you understand how to handle the procedure, a topnotch experience, in the long run, will scarcely come your way.
What Kind of Tankless Water Heater is Ideal for Indoor Use?
Tankless water heaters will always come in handy for your indoor use. However, you will often have to choose between gas and electric water heaters. The choice is dependent on the goals you want to achieve, your preferences, and the budget you have.
It will, however, be essential to understand which option gives you enhanced value for your money. Ideally, it would be best if you got something that will not expose you to too many costs in the long run. The truth is that you could rely on either gas or electric tankless water heaters indoors. That is because they all come with immense benefits that you will not want to miss.
It will also be worthwhile to note that the difference between gas and electric water heaters go beyond the initial expenses of rewiring the house. As such, we provide a breakdown of what to expect from each of these two.
Electric tankless water heaters
Electric tankless water heaters will assure you of up to 99% efficiency rates, which is more than reliable. Remember, the worst heater will give you a 93% efficiency rate. What could disappoint you is that these types of heaters do not attract any rebates from the government.
+Recommended Electric Tankless Water Heater for Indoor Shower
- Endless on-Demand Hot Water; Consistent hot water when you need it that never runs out; Continuously monitored water temperature and controlled flow rates ensure efficiency and consistent performance within 1 degree of selected temperature
- Save Space; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 90% smaller than traditional tank heaters; may be installed on wall or at point of use; Dimensions 17 x 17 x 3.75 inches
- Save Energy; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 99% thermal energy efficient; Only heats water when called unlike a tank heater that maintains water temperature even when not being used. Save up to 50% in water heating costs according to the Department of Energy
- EcoSmart ECO 27 Sizing; Refer to the sizing map. Requires 3x40 AMP Double Pole Breaker, 27-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for whole home applications; provides between 2.7 and 6.5 gallons-per-minute depending on the inlet water temperature; refer to the sizing guide to select the proper solution
- Warranty and Certifications; Limited Lifetime Warranty on electronics, exchanger and element; UL-499 certified; ETL Listed
- Required Breaker Quantity: Three 40 Amp Double Pole
- Recommended Electrical Panel: 200 Amps
- NEVER run out of hot water with an ECOSMART tankless water heater.
- Save up to 12 cubic feet of storage space.
- Digital temperature control in 1-degree increments gives users complete control of hot water
Gas tankless water heaters
On the other hand, gas tankless water heaters come with an efficiency level of 60%, which is approximately 23% over the traditional ones. On top of that, you will be sure of government rebates of up to $300, which could end up cushioning you against financial constraints.
With this in mind, electric tankless water heaters will come in handy for those who aim at better efficiency levels. Conversely, if you are looking for lower maintenance costs, gas tankless water heaters will be the ultimate solution.
+Recommended Gas Tankless Water Heater For Indoor Shower
- Endless hot water, On-demand usage, Compact, Space saving, Energy conservation
- Computerized safety features, No pilot light to have to worry about
- Safety features include freeze, overheat, surge protection, and troubleshooting diagnostic codes
- Satisfies the 2012 SCAQMD Rule 1146.2 for Ultra-Low NOx Emissions
- Primary heat exchanger utilizes commercial-grade copper alloy for 25 times better heat transfer than stainless steel, Integrated controls and power cord as standard features
Can You Use an Electric Tankless Water Heater for Outdoor Showers?
Sometimes, all you need is a hot shower, yet outdoors. The biggest concern, therefore, would be whether an electric tankless water heater will come in handy. The short answer to this is that you can install an electric tankless water heater outdoors.
Often, you will witness that there are specific tankless water heaters for outdoor use. Such water heaters pride themselves on the ability to withstand different elements, including weather and corrosion issues. As long as you get the right one, you will have no reason to worry.
Outdoor tankless water heaters will often vent from the free airflow, which implies you will need to install the right piping. It could be horizontal or vertical venting. Unlike indoor options, you will not necessarily need to attach the venting to the drain.
Ensure that you choose the right tankless water heater for your outdoor use. It should highlight longevity, ability to withstand different elements, and the readiness to offer value for money. Remember, its exposure to weather elements could compromise its durability. Unless the right materials are dominant, the unit will be vulnerable to extensive damage. Perhaps, you should consider enclosures made from aluminum or those that are rustproof.
-Why You Should Install Outdoor Tankless Water Heaters For Shower Use?
We have different reasons why you should install these outdoor tankless water heaters. They include the following:
• Simple setup
Installing these water heaters has proven to be not only straightforward but also less demanding. You will hardly need to worry about drainage when doing so.
• Fast installation
The installation takes up a relatively short time, which translates to affordability in labor costs. Lower installation costs imply that you will not end up constrained in the long run.
You can hardly overlook the essence of durability in pursuit of value for money. These outdoor tankless water heaters assure you of improved lifespans. As long as you consider weatherproofing them, you will be sure of enjoying their service for a relatively long time to come.
+Outdoor Tankless Water Heaters For Shower Recommend
- Lightweight, easy to carry, and compact, makes using it for camping, hunting, in your Tiny Home, RV’s, Poolside, Washing Pets, Equestrian, Cleaning Vehicles, Greenhouses or anywhere else that you need instant reliable endless hot water
- Runs on a standard 20 lb. Liquid Propane tank and is equipped with an electronic ignition. Powered by 2 “D” cell batteries, making it ideal for on-the-go
- Features a safety shut-off that is activated when the unit runs longer than 20 minutes or is tilted more than 45 degrees in either direction
- Low pressure activation of 20 PSI and is easy to connect to any standard garden hose
- Rated at 3.0 Gallons per minute (GPM) of hot water output with an achievable temperature range of 50 – 120 degrees Fahrenheit
- What's Included: Eccotemp L10 Portable Tankless Water Heater, shower head, 1/2' CSA certified gas regulator and hose, mounting hardware, and garden hose quick connect and adapter
- Easy To Install -It only takes you 5 minutes to set up and it comes with all necessary accesories.To avoid gas leakage caused by improper sealing of the water heater, DO NOT TWINE TEFLON TAPE between gas regulator and gas inlet pipe. The tankless water heater will "caught on fire "with improper operation. Always check gas leakage before operation.
- 4.22 Instant Hot Water-It only takes you a few minutes to get 4.22 gallons per minute of instant hot water. The camplux portable water heater lights when water pressure between 4.0-110 PSI, low water pressure is perfect for campings and remote cabins.
- 6-in-1 Protection Ensure Your Safety-Flame failure device, anti-freezing protection, over heating protection to ensure the family safety. The anti-freezing drain plug discharges the residual water to avoid freezing in cold areas for long-time maintenance. Gas supply automatically shut off when high water temperature protection over 167 °F.
- Power Efficient & Energey Saving -Maximum power output 11,000btu/hour, you will get instant endless hot water easily wherever you are. Compact and lightweight structure with 11.5% energy saving technology. The propane water heater exchanger and main burner are desinged with advanced combustion technology to decrease gas consumption and burning noise.
- Important Tips -To avoid gas leakage caused by improper sealing of the water heater, DO NOT TWINE TEFLON TAPE between gas regulator and gas inlet pipe. The tankless water heater will "caught on fire "with improper operation. Always check gas leakage before operation.
- Endless Hot Water: Enjoy unlimited hot water flow throughout the house; compact, durable, and easy to install; professional installation recommended
- Energy and Space Efficient: Space-saving design conserves energy as it heats only when necessary
- Optimal Water Pressure: High-performance up to 6.5 GPM hot water flow rate for a powerful, constant stream
- Enhanced scale detection lessens possibility of serious, long-term damage to unit
- Guaranteed to Last: 10-, 5-, and 1-year residential factory warranty for heat exchanger, labor, and parts, respectively
Safety Guidelines on Using Tankless Water Heaters for Outdoor Showers
Like in any other setup, your safety will always need to be a priority. That will include the safety of the water heater too. Usually, you will need to pay attention to specific aspects while in this pursuit. They include the following.
• Mind how you install it
Ensure that you install it at a place that is not reached with ease. This way, you will keep it safer from vandalism in the long run.
• Monitor the AFR
The air-fuel ratio is one of the most crucial sensors you will need to observe. It will always be necessary for you to ensure that air and fuel mix accordingly, as this improves efficiency. It will also keep the emissions low.
• Consider freeze protection
Most tankless water heaters come with an internal freeze protection system. However, it will be upon you to make sure that it is working correctly. It is through this that you will be confident of the heat exchanger not falling below specific temperatures.
• Install the overheat cut off fuse
This safety feature comes in handy in disengaging the electric or gas valve upon any breach in the heat exchanger. With this, you will no longer need to worry about blowing up.
- 🎁【CSA Approved Safety 】CSA approved Gasland tankless water heater, safe as per Canadian and US Standard. Flame failure device, anti-freezing protection, over heating protection to ensure the family safety. Automatically decrease water pressure between 2.5-110PSI. The anti-freezing drain plug can discharge the residual water to avoid freezing in cold areas or in case of long time no use. High water temperature protection over 167 °F. Shut off gas supply automatically under unexpectable flameout.
- 🎁【Lightweight Portable Design】 Compact size and lightweight design for carry on easily. It can bring a amazing hot shower for you when you are camping , to the beach, etc. Also you can wash your pets with this portable hot water heater in your garden. Hang it using the mounting bracket on the top/back of the propane water heater. It only takes you a few minutes to install. Or you can install it according to the instructions.
- 🎁【On Demand Endless Hot Water】 Maximum power output 68,000btu/hour, get instant endless hot water easily wherever you are. No need to preheat before using RV camping water heater. As soon as you turn on the tap, the water ﬂow with your desired temperature. Low water pressure 3.6 PSI start up. 2.64 gallons per minute of on-demand hot water. Fully adjustable heat and water flow.
- 🎁【Energy Saving】 Compact and light weight structure with 11.5% energy saving technology. The heat exchanger and main burner of the propane water heater shower are desinged with advanced combustion technology to decrease gas consumption and burning noise. It will help you save more when use Gasland tankless water heater.
- 🎁【Important Tips】To avoid gas leakage caused by improper sealing of the water heater, DO NOT TWINE TEFLON TAPE between gas regulator and gas inlet pipe. The gas water heater will "caught on fire "with improper operation. Always check gas leakage before operation.
- Energy and Space Efficient: Space-saving design conserves energy as it heats only when necessary
- Optimal Water Pressure: High-performance 7.5 GPM hot water flow rate for a powerful, constant stream
- Instant Heating: Circ-Logic technology enables recirculation patterns that coincide with your typical habits; Wi-Fi monitoring creates hot water on demand
- Guaranteed to Last: 12-, 5-, and 1-year residential and 5-, 5-, and 1-year commercial factory warranty for heat exchanger, parts, and labor respectively
- Saving Energy & Money - Built in insulation foam, reduces heat loss. 2.5-gallon point-of-use mini-tank fits under your sink to provide hot water right where you need it.
- High Quality Built & Elegant Design- Camplux electric water heater has glass-lined tank for long service life and easy to maintain. Elegant streamline design cover, made your kitchen more pretty.
- UL Approval Safety - Thermostat Control allows adjustment of water temperature. High Limit device provide protection while overheating.
- 43.3‘’ cord plugs into 120 volt outlet for independent installation or in-line with a large hot water source.(Max. water pressure is 150 PSI, CSA listed Temperature & Pressure relief valve included)
- Can be shelf, wall or floor mounted ; Simply tap into the cold water line and install the water heater directly at the sink to provide hot water. Product dimension:11.75" W x 17.25" H x 10.38" D.
As you look forward to getting the best experience in the shower, you will find it valuable to install these outdoors electric water heaters. Thanks to their durability and efficiency, you will be sure of the best returns in the long run.