Indeed, everyone looks forward to having the best experience when in the shower. But did you know that the place you install your electric water heater will always matter? Most often, you will need to choose between indoor and outdoor electric water heaters, which could be a daunting process. And can electric water heater be installed outside?
The biggest concern has always been what to do when you install the water heater outdoors. Is it even right? Yes, you will be free to install your tankless water heater outside. However, it will be vital to keep a few things in mind. They include the following.
Best Electric Tankless Water Heater For Outdoor Installation
- 🎁【CSA Approved Safety 】CSA approved Gasland tankless water heater, safe as per Canadian and US Standard. Flame failure device, anti-freezing protection, over heating protection to ensure the family safety. Automatically decrease water pressure between 3.6-110PSI. The anti-freezing drain plug can discharge the residual water to avoid freezing in cold areas or in case of long time no use. High water temperature protection over 167 °F. Shut off gas supply automatically under unexpectable flameout.
- 🎁【Lightweight Portable Design】 Compact size and lightweight design for easily carry. It can bring a amazing hot shower for you when you are camping, to the beach, etc. Also you can wash your pets with this tankless water heater in outdoor. Hang it using the mounting bracket on the top/back of the gas water heater. It only takes you a few minutes to install it. Or you can install it according to the instructions.
- 🎁【On Demand Hot Water】 Maximum power output 41,000BTU/Hr, get instant endless hot water easily wherever you are. No need to preheat before using tankless water heater. As soon as you turn on the tap, the water ﬂows with your desired temperature. Low water pressure start up, just need 3.6 PSI of water pressure. 1.58 gallons per minute of on-demand hot water. Fully adjustable heat and water flow.
- 🎁【Energy Saving】 Compact and light weight structure with 11.5% energy saving technology. The propane water heater exchanger and main burner are desinged with advanced combustion technology to decrease gas consumption and burning noise. You will save more when you use our tankless water heater.
- 🎁【Important Tips】To avoid gas leakage caused by improper sealing of the water heater, DO NOT TWINE TEFLON TAPE between gas regulator and gas inlet pipe. The gas water heater will "caught on fire "with improper operation. Always check gas leakage before operation.
How Do I Protect My Electric Tankless Water Heater?
Your safety will always be dependent on the measures you take when installing your electric tankless water heater outdoors. Unless you get everything right, you will end up vulnerable. Here are a few things you will need to observe as you look forward to protecting your tankless water heater.
• Consider a reliable insulation
Frigid temperatures will compromise not only your safety but also the longevity of your water heater. It will always be vital to consider insulating your pipes, preferably with fiberglass or polyethylene. You might also want to use heat tape. This insulation will ensure that the integrity of your pipes does not end up exposed.
• Running trickles of water
Did you know that running a trickle of water overnight will always help in protecting your tankless water heater? With this little water running, you will have no reason to worry about the system freezing at some point. Usually, 0.1 gallons per minute overnight will be enough.
• Embrace dual vent systems
A dual-venting system will come in handy in cushioning your water heater against freezing. As long as you start by installing your pipes in cool yet dry places, you will be good to go. For instance, it would help if you shunned from installing them inside the surface of your wall. While at it, you could rely on a back-draft reducer to seal the back-draft flap.
• Winterize the water heater
This method aims at protecting your water heater from freezing during winter. This process involves draining the water and reducing the water pressure going through the heater. Ensure that you seal the vent termination so that there is no debris coming out.
• Change the recirculation system
This recirculation system will always ensure that you have hot water nearby and ready for on-demand usage. This system will also come in handy in making sure that your water heater remains warm at all times.
Do Outdoor Electric Tankless Water Heaters Freeze?
Undoubtedly, electric tankless water heaters out there will freeze from time to time. However, that is not to say that it should be your biggest worry. Remember, with the advanced technology at our disposal, these electric tankless water heaters come with built-in freeze protection systems. Usually, this system comes in handy in protecting the water heaters when the temperatures are between -5 and -22 degrees F.
As mentioned, freezing should not be your biggest concern right now. That is because you can avoid it if you apply the right measures. Some of the steps to follow in this pursuit will always include the following:
• Install the system in heated places
Did you know that installing your system in heated places will cushion it against freezing? For instance, a sheltered spot will come in handy for you. It will always be vital to point your vents against the wind at this point.
• Always plug in your power source
Take the time to ensure that you have uninterrupted power to your water heater. It will make sure that the protection system receives enough electricity, even during outages. A battery-backup will always be one of the best solutions to consider.
• Insulation is king
If your system is in a low-protection are, then insulation will be the most reliable solution. It will make sure that there is no loss of energy at any time. The best materials to use in this insulation will include fiberglass, heat tape, or even polyethylene.
• Keep the plumbing system active
Most experts will recommend that you keep trickles of water flowing through your system at all times. A rate of 0.1 gallons per minute will be enough to give you the ultimate results. With this flow, there is no way freezing will occur.
• Drain any stagnant water
Did you know that an electric tankless water heater could also develop stagnant water in them? Once the temperature outside drops, this stagnant water freezes your system, which could also end up damaging it.
Do Electric Tankless Water Heaters Work in the Cold?
Indeed, the reliability of electric tankless water heaters goes beyond being in hot climates. These water heaters will function, and optimally so, even in freezing regions. However, there are things you will need to take care of if you need the best results. Two things could affect the functioning of your heater when in cold climates. They include the fuel type and the size of your choice.
Usually, electric water heaters will struggle to heat water quickly. Unless they have been in constant use, you will need to wait. Things will only get worse when it is cold. For this reason, you will need to aim at an option that heats water much faster. Otherwise, you could opt for gas water heaters as they do so more quickly.
Usually, the water usage in your family will play a significant role in determining the size of your electric water heater. Further, it will determine the temperature rise that the given tank features. Take the time to pick a size that suits your whole family, and comfortably so. You will also need to ensure that the pipes feeding these tanks get the necessary insulation. With this, your water heater gets more reliable.
There is no harm in installing your electric tankless water heater outside. What matters the most is how you maintain it. From proper insulation to improved recirculation systems, you will be sure of getting the best from your electric water heater. Do not shy from getting a little help from experts too.